Finding Joy in the New Year
Many of us are looking forward to the fresh start the new year brings. That also means many of us are hoping to move into the new year with big plans - things we couldn’t or just didn’t get done in the last 12 months. Before trying to answer the usual flurry of questions - “What are your New Year’s resolutions? What do you want to achieve? What new habits do you want?” - take time to reflect on the past year and how you can make the coming one better. It's easy to get overwhelmed and making huge resolutions can be stressful, so we’ve gathered 12 questions to help you think about how to bring joy into your new year.
1. What advice would you give yourself as you begin the new year?
2. What is your favorite thing to do and how can you make more time to do it?
3. Who are three people you would like to have more fun with?
4. What gift would you like to give yourself this year?
5. How can you add 15 minutes of joy to each day?
6. What’s one thing that you could do to give yourself more peace financially?
7. What do you want to learn more of?
8. What timewaster are you willing to let go of?
9. If you had one more hour during the day, what would you do with it?
10. What have you been procrastinating that you would like to complete?
11. How can you restructure your mornings to begin your days better?
12. How can you restructure your evenings to bring more rest to your nights?
Whether you are looking to make changes in the coming year or want to keep up the resolutions you’ve already made, remember that each step - big or small - is a step towards a better you.
Posted: January 04, 2022